Tuesday, December 4, 2012

December Mini-Goals

Here are some things I'd like to accomplish financially to round out 2012.

December Mini-Goals, 2012
  1. Add $279.50 to any one of my RRSP accounts. This will round up my contributions for the year to a full $1200.
  2. Add $100 to the Emergency fund. Slow and steady wins the race.
  3. Add $50 to the Emergency Essential Expenses Account.
  4. Set aside $400 for the new van payment.
  5. Pay $200 toward Income Tax owing.
  6. Get $1000 RSP loan from bank.
  7. Open TFSA account at CIBC for accelerating van payments and adding to house down payment fund.
  8. Get credit report and score so that I can do yearly update.
  9. Add DD2's account to my 'bill list' to do online transfers for her savings account.
  10. Pay off $79 owing on credit card by due date, Dec. 20/12.

Notes:
  1. Must keep adding to my RRSP. I have no company pension available to me when I will be ready to retire, so I have to do this for future me.
  2. I can focus on the emergency Fund now with other things off my plate now.
  3. This is our 'Life Backup Plan' if Hubby or I were to lose a steady source of income. It needs to have a lot more money in it.
  4. Yes, we bought a new van. It's pretty, and beautiful, and shiny and new. And expensive.  And necessary. No regrets.
  5. I will get this bill down every month and pay it off. I'm aiming for 2013 year end.
  6. For credit history improvement purposes. I know I can borrow this amount and pay off within a year. :)
  7. Already done. :)
  8. In the works.
  9. Need to do this so I can transfer her monthly allowance to her own account.
  10. Start the new year off without any CC debt. :)

Do you have any goals for December?

2 comments:

  1. These are great! I posted my December goals here. http://thehawaiiplan.blogspot.com/2012/12/and-on-to-december.html

    Good luck this month!

    ReplyDelete