Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Morning routines

During the winter months, my morning consisted of sleeping until the last possible minute, then struggling through the morning to get the kids fed and dressed. I drove them to daycare and school respectively, and then went about my day.

An amazing thing happened last week. Because I locked my keys in the car, I got some walking in (and a little jogging too). Then I walked some more to help celebrate Lamb's Debt Freedom. That was enough to get me hooked again.

Today is only the third day, but this morning, Cub and I will be walking to his daycare again (then I walk home). Two kilometres every morning. It gets my blood pumping, I'll tell ya. My muscles are gloriously sore from having some form of exercise. I will continue the rest of this week and commit to doing it again the week after next. I'll check the scale on Saturday to see if it reflects my activity at all.

My challenge is the weeks when I have DD2 home. Her school is much to far from here for all of us to walk (maybe). I'm trying to think of when would be a good time to put some walking in my day during those weeks.

I'm also working my way through a pair of chunky wool socks for Hubby that I'm knitting. I'm on the second one, and I hope that I have enough yarn to complete it.

Anyway, I got to get my walking shoes on.
Have a great day everyone!

4 comments:

  1. Way to go Eboo!! It's addictive!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't exercise grand! Well sometimes it is grand....

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's really awesome. Keep it up. It does feel good when you get the muscles pumping.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good for you!! :) Walking is such an easy & wonderful exercise too! I hope you meet your goal!

    ReplyDelete