Thursday, February 9, 2012

I'm It!!

Yesterday, while I was working and other boring stuff, I got TAGGED in a couple of posts from some bloggy friends. A cool kind of game, where you have to answer question posted by the blogger who tagged you, and then go tag some other bloggers, and ask questions of them.

With me so far?

OK, here are the Rules:

#1 - Post these rules.

#2 - Answer the 11 questions from the person who tagged you.
#3 - Create 11 new questions for the people you tag.
#4 - Tag 11 people and link them to your post.
#5 - Let them know that you tagged them.
 
So here goes, my answers to questions posed by Jane and Makky's Mom:
 
1J) Describe yourself in seven words: kind, loyal, giving, serious, caring, helpful, determined
1MM) What is your favourite fun thing to do? At the risk of sounding old, I love to knit and read for fun.
 
2J) Why did you decide to start a blog? I had been reading Gail Vaz-Oxlade's blog for awhile, and then met someone who had started a personal finance type blog. I thought, heck, if he can do it, so can I! I had been trying to incorporate writing daily into my life, and blogging seemed to fit the bill.
2MM) Tell me about your family - children, spouse, parents, siblings, plans for future babies or marriage.
I have a wonderful Hubby (we're not married yet, I still have to get divorced first - long story) and three beautiful children ages 22, 12 and 3. I also have one gorgeous grandson! Both my parents and my step-dad are deceased so I only have MIL to go to when I need advice. I am the youngest of 9 siblings, none of whom are full sibs. Mom adopted another child after I left home, so I sorta have a little brother. I only have contact with a few of my sibs though.
 
3J) What is your favorite kind of cheese? I like blue cheese when I have wings or salad, but for eating, I prefer old cheddar.
3MM) What type of career do you have? I am a licenced funeral director in the province of Ontario.
 
4J) What keeps you awake at night? Usually not much, but worrying about things does affect my sleep. That and having an overactive bladder.
4MM) How old are you? I'll be hitting the 40 year milestone on my birthday this year.

5J) If you could change one thing about yourself what would it be? I would make myself taller.
5MM) What has happened in your life that you never expected to happen? Pretty much everything, especially having a child with blond hair!

6J)   "What are you wearing right now?" LOL@ Jane and Michael! My pajamas, of course!
6MM) What are you currently saving up for? Emergency fund, retirement fund, RESPs, Xmas fund, newer van fund, a family vacation, house downpayment, newer work equipment. (Wow, that's a lot of stuff!)

7J) Tell us something about the person who tagged you! Although she doesn't know it, Jane is an inspiration to many. She is the kind of person I want to be when I grow up!
7MM) What is your biggest pet peeve? When people say "irregardless" when they are trying to make themselves sound smart. I just want to tell them, and any one else who uses it, that "irregardless" isn't even a word.

8J) Stretch out your arm and tell us what is the closest thing to you right now? The computer monitor, silly Jane.
8MM) What puts a smile on your face? Hearing Cub laugh when he is entertaining himself; helping a family to the best of my ability; when Hubby winks at me when I am least expecting it.

9J) What's your favorite flavour of icecream? Do you lick your icecream or bite right into it? I prefer ice cream with chunks of chocolate and other stuff in it. I start out by gently licking it, and then I turn into a biter. Oh, we are still talking about ice cream, right?!?
9MM)  If you could make one wish come true, what would it be? I am working toward making all my own dreams come true, so I would have to make a wish come true for others: to find a cure for cancer.

10J)  Do you prefer the truth or a white lie that doesn't hurt your feelings? I always prefer the truth. It would bother me to know that someone thought they had to lie to me and didn't feel they could tell me the truth, no matter the reason.
10MM) Do you like coffee? I don't like coffee, I love coffee!!

11J)  Do you like your life right now? Why or why not? I do like my life right now. I'm happy and comfortable with it, knowing that it will not always be this way as we work towards having a better life.
11MM)What is your favourite TV show? My personal favourites are AMC's The Walking Dead, and The Biggest Loser as well as The Big Bang Theory.

I'll do a separate post for my questions and who is going to get tagged. I have some stuff to do today.
Cheers all!



3 comments:

  1. Oh I laughed and laughed while fading your answers, that was so much fun! Same with me for ice cream, like to have chocolate of some kind and some kind of nuts, and yes, I am still talking about icecream!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yes, and it's good to know that I inspire someone!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. it's nice reading a bit more about everyone with these tag posts,

    Do you mind me asking how you got into the funeral directing work?

    ReplyDelete