Thursday, January 12, 2012

Catching Up

I've been a busy girl. I won't bore you with the details, but I spent about eights hours straight yesterday getting a major item on my to do list accomplished. My business files for 2011 are almost completed, and I am pretty much caught up with paperwork now. My new systems are in place for 2012, so I shouldn't get bogged down by it too much this year. On a good side note, my HST reports for 2011 are all filed now, and I will likely be ready to file my Income Tax on time this year. My notebooks and receipt/notepad are helping me to stay focused on not spending. I managed to cross off 5 items off my giant to do list just by starting this! (Are you proud of me Carla?)

As I was going through paperwork, I found a reimbursement cheque for $21.77 that was written to me in August. If the bank will still take it (I don't think it's stale dated yet), it will be a good little jump start on my $500 E-fund booster challenge.

I've not been spending much cash, so I haven't had much change to put in my sealed pot so far. But there is a little tinkling sound when I shake it, so there is something in there. I keep changing my mind on what I'd like to do with that money when I get to open it. I keep flipping back and forth between the idea of restocking our freezer with meats, and putting it all in my RRSP for the tax benefit and the retirement fund boost. good thing I have several months before I have to really decide.

For my weight loss challenge...well, not so good. I haven't gained anymore weight, which is good, I guess. I'm stagnant at my weight, which I know is part of not being active. I have to make the time to work out, even if it is only going for a half hour walk during the day. On a positive note, I haven't added any salt to any of my meals this week (and boy, am I craving it!), and I am cutting down on the amount of sugar in my coffee, as well as the amount of coffee I drink. I'm trying to incorporate breakfast into my day, but that isn't going too well just yet. It will take some time to switch the bad habits for good ones, so I'll just keeping plugging away at it. One day at a time.

Murphy's been to visit our house too. Well, actually he didn't make it into the house, he decided to have his way with my work van. The latch for the back lift gate is totally messed up. Good thing that my friendly mechanic is so good with these things. Another mechanism is on order, and as soon as he gets one, he will replace it for me. The replacement shouldn't cost too much, but it is imperative that I get it done as soon as possible.

I have a long work day ahead of me today, and I'm still tired from working last night. I had wanted to be in bed early. I guess 1 a.m. is early, isn't it? Ha ha ha. Of course, then I was woken up by 5:30 this morning. I desperately wanted to roll over and go back to sleep, but that wasn't meant to be. I will be in bed by 10 p.m. tonight, I can guarantee you that!

Off I go. Happy Thursday!

2 comments:

  1. Oh no, not Murphy!! I'm glad it won't be TOO expensive! And balancing that out what fun to find a CHEQUE!! As a former bank employee I can tell you a cheque's not stale dated until 6 months from the date so you're good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good stuff!! I swear, "to do" lists are te way to go! It's gota be paper & pencil! ;) I once had a woman cash a chq. I sen her aYEAR AFTER I SENT IT!! I was dumbstruck! I haven't decided what to do with my sealed pot money either... we'll figure it out!! :)

    ReplyDelete