Thursday, September 8, 2011

Steak for Dinner, and other stuff

I managed to grab some nice sirloin cuts from the grocery store, so we will be having steaks for dinner tonight. Today will be spent mostly in my pj's, doing something with which I dread doing....getting my business finances squared away. Thankfully, my sister, who has a business administration degree, has offered to come over and help. God bless her!

It's a good thing that I have nothing strenuous planned today because I am terribly achy and sore from working yesterday. Every time I have a physically demanding day, I remind myself that I am not getting any younger and I really should think about how to build my strength in my upper body and core. Now that Cub is in daycare, I could probably fit some time in at the gym. I have never had a gym membership before, and to be honest, I wouldn't even know where to start. I know I'm out of shape, and could stand to lose a few pounds, but if I were to do it, my main goal would be to build my strength. I don't even know if a gym membership would be cost effective for me. I do know that if left to my own devices, I would not be able to do the type of exercising that I would if I had a gym membership. Likely, I would use it in order to justify the cost, therefore making me progress toward my strength goals. If I don't buy into a gym membership, I will continue to do what I've always done about it.....nothing.

I'm off to do the paperwork. Ugh!

Wish me luck!

5 comments:

  1. Steak sounds so good right now. And good luck with your paperwork!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with all your paperwork!!!!



    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never had a gym membership either so I really can't help you there. All I know is that gym memberships are expensive and lots of people get them and don't use them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mmm... I'm having a nice grass-fed steak tonight too...my favorite EVER! yum!

    You could do a workout DVD at home & throw in some crunches & push-ups... cheap & will tone you up. I always exercised at home, if you want to lose weight bad enough & get into shape, you'll do it. If not, then you just don't want it bad enough. This is said in love & with previous experience. ;) You have to REALLY want it! Good luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I ALWAYS give up on my gym memberships so I've found things to do at home: I have an exercise bike parked in front of my TV and I use it a LOT! You can increase the tension which helps build bone mass and muscle. And I have a tension rod to do the same thing with the upper body.
    It's so important for women as they get older to do strength exercises.
    Notice how I didn't talk about my mid-section? Don't know what to do about that part of my body other than follow a good eating plan.

    ReplyDelete