Sunday, August 21, 2011

Sunday Ramblings

A couple of great things have happened this week.

Hubby's car loan is under $200. It will be paid off in the middle of September. His credit card, which is at a ridiculous rate of 27.98%, is down under $1500. Those are two wonderful numbers!

By my calculations, when the car is paid for, if he adds that $50/week payment to his credit card, he can have that paid off by the end of January, instead of the end of May 2012 (which is what the current end date should be).

After that point, $400 would be freed up from debt repayment and could be reallocated to other debts to snowball the heck out of them. If the $400 was added to the $150 that is currently being paid on my credit card, it would wipe out the balance in a mere 6 months. That is exciting!

We haven't yet decided exactly where the payments will be going, but I have a feeling that we're going to have to re-jig the budget anyway. I know we still have to take childcare expenses into account. Cub will be going to a child care provider full-time to the tune of $150 per week.

In other news, our Cub is now sleeping in a Big Boy bed! OK, it's a toddler bed, still using his crib mattress, but it's more like a real bed than a crib. This is a hand constructed bed that I bought at a yard sale a couple of years ago for $20. My sister refinished it, and carved a car into the headboard. The pieces all fit together without screws, and is made of solid wood. When it's time, this will be passed down to Grand Cub.

DD2 is excited to be heading back to school in a couple of weeks. I still have no idea what she needs for supplies, so I'll just kind of wing it.

Hubby heads back to his day job on Monday, and I have been working this past week on side gig #'s 1 & 2. Financially, we're on track, but because I know we've overspent, I'm starting to get anxiety over it. Our rent account is much lower than it should be, and it bothers me greatly.  The insurance renewals are starting to come in, so that account will be taking a big hit soon.

Our meal plan for the week is pretty much set, and I shopped for those meals, and added veggies, potatoes and rice to the meals. We *should* be able to get to Thursday before we will start looking at eating out, hopefully.

Today, I'm going to attempt a Watermelon and Blueberry Salad to have with dinner. wish me luck!

3 comments:

  1. Congrats on the car loan being paid almost off!! Awesome! :)

    Cubs big boy bed sounds awesome! My kids were all in "big" beds at one cause they were climbers... eek!

    You're doing awesome though, keep it up! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so jealous that the car loan is almost paid off! Mine won't be done for over a year and I'm not happy with that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait for that post that says "The car loan is GONE!!!!"

    ReplyDelete