Monday, June 6, 2011

Monday, June 6th

Third time is the charm!

Setting up for the yard sale, again. No joke. It's for realz this time.

The management company for our apartment buildings have decided to host another yard sale this year. It's going to cost us $5 for the 'table' even though they aren't providing an actual table. Once again, I will haul all our junk into the van, drive around the corner to the adjacent building's parking lot, and set up shop on June 25th. (note to self: borrow a folding table)

Whatever leaves this house will not come back in, save for a few things like my folding lawn chairs and my cart. Those are not for sale, but will be needed for hauling all the junk.

In the meantime, I'm stashing small bills and coins like a crazy woman, so I won't have to make a trip to the bank for change for the sale. It's money that we're pulling out of our cash flow, but cleverly disguised. After the sale ALL the money will get deposited to the savings account, so we are already 'saving' by pulling change out of our cash flow.

I'm actually looking forward to selling off a bunch of unneeded stuff and give us some breathing room around here. Our little apartment always looks cluttered, and hopefully we'll relieve some pressure by getting rid of some of it.

Maybe I'll let DD2 sell some water or pop or juice boxes that day too so she can make some money as well.
I'm hoping to be able to pick up a few clothing items for the kids at rock-bottom prices, as a bit of a clothing stockpile for the coming seasons. I'm always on the lookout for cast iron cookware. Other than that, I won't really be buying anything. I hope.

Have a great Monday everyone!

2 comments:

  1. Good luck! Hope you do well!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with the sale! Looking forward to see how you do. We had friends do a fund-raiser yard sale at their townhome this weekend. They piggybacked off the neighborhood-wide sale and made $1,800! One man's junk is another's treasure ..

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete