Thursday, May 26, 2011

Working

Last week, I worked several days for the out of town company that uses me as a sub-contractor. While the work itself is nothing to write home about, meeting with clients is one of the better parts of my job. Sometimes they just like to put a face to a company image, and around these parts, I guess that mug is mine. I enjoy meeting with clients and being able to assure them that we will do everything as promised, and make the process easier for them.

This week, it's much of the same. Follow up with clients from last week, and beginning the process with new clients. I'm not much of a salesperson (thank goodness), so when I meet with families, I assure them straight away that I am not there to talk them into buying products or services that they don't want. I give them our price list, show them that we have a wide range of services available, but it doesn't matter to me if they choose a basic, no frills type package, or if they want the whole shebang. I don't get paid on commission.

My main priority is to reassure clients when I first meet them, and to let them know I will help them through a difficult time. They call the shots. I'm just there to guide them.

The company that I sub-contract for has done a wonderful job of marketing in the city where I live, and I see their advertisements all over town. It's working. So many folks need this simple, yet essential service at their most vulnerable time. I'm very proud to be a part of their team.

I'll be working for the better part of the next 3 days, so I likely won't be here too much. Have a great weekend everyone. I hope to have a month end report post ready for Tuesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment