Saturday, April 23, 2011

A Quiet Saturday Morning

First off, I'd like to thank everyone for the birthday wishes! I had a wonderful day. My daughter made cupcakes in lieu of a cake, and I got awesome prezzies from the kids. (Note: Hubby & I DO NOT exchange birthday gifts. This is our agreement until we are out of debt. Dinners out do not count as gifts.)
We went out to dinner last night with our best friends who were in town to open up their trailer at Fanshawe.

Dinner was at Mykono's. You may have read something about this restaurant over at Life DOESN'T Begin at Retirement, Jane's blog. My friend who I'll call Passionfruit, ordered the platter, as did hubby. Passionfruit's hubby, who I'll call Lemon, ordered the lamb. On Lemon's suggestion, I ordered the quail. OMG! We all had a fantastic dinner, complete with excellent dessert.

As a couple, Hubby & I usually have to send something back, or our dinner is not how we asked for it. This happens to us in almost every restaurant we go to. We almost always end up with a discounted dinner bill because of this. Last night, I am happy to say we paid full price for our meal. Well, because it was my birthday, the restaurant gave me my dessert on the house. Nice restaurant, great food, good atmosphere...we will definitely go back again.

We went to see the movie INSIDIOUS. I can honestly say that this movie creeped me out! I have a love of horror movies, scary movies and the like but this one actually scared me while watching. And that, my friends, is no small feat.

We will be going to hubby's Grandmother's house for Easter Sunday. Lots of his family will be there, with a tone of food to eat. I'm so looking forward to it.

Hope you all have a great long weekend!

2 comments:

  1. It sounds like you had a very relaxing Birthday! I hope that you have a good Easter Sunday too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear you enjoyed Mykonos! Another one to try is Jambalaya on Dundas and I'm not just biased because Michael works there. I took my nephews there a few weeks ago and they LOVED it! Last night we went again - my nephews, a niece, their partners and my daughter. Soooo good - their pad thai is to die for!
    I've never had the quail - I'll have to try that some time.

    ReplyDelete