Friday, April 15, 2011

Oh Happy Friday!

Good Lord, the sun is shining, and I'm feeling absolutely great today. Over the past 2 days, the biz had some money come in, so I got to put a wee bit into savings, pay a little bit o' debt, and have a tiny bit for spending on fun stuff like food. I set some aside for my license and sticker, which will have to be paid next Thursday. I have the kids allowance money set aside for tomorrow. All seems to be well with the world.

Except it isn't.

Hubby hurt himself at work yesterday. He strained a muscle in his back, and has to be off work for at least until Wednesday. Not so good for the finances. Due to the injury, he cannot help me with the biz, so I'll have to hire some help when I need it. *sigh*

As for business itself, I'm having a week that brings a particular challenge. I can't say a lot about it, except that it has to do with the big contract, and licensing issues. I know I'll get through it, but dang, it's a pain in the rear end. It weighs heavily on my mind, so I have to put it out into the universe, so that I don't feel like I'm dealing with it alone.

I finally, finally, have all the things ready to mail away for the "Made With Love" swap. Typically me, I wait until the very last day to send out my goodies. Can you say procrastination?

Hopefully, we can make it through the weekend without breaking the bank. I've been worrying about money way more than is healthy for me. The possibility of my business losing the big contract puts me on high alert mode. I think about our backup plans, and how quickly I can put them into place. It's my equivalent of knowing that I could get 'laid off' from work. If we lose the contract, I am seriously considering shutting down the biz, and looking for a j-o-b. I could work, pay bills, save for awhile, and start another business that I have always wanted...a store.

How weird that I go from all doom and gloom to my dream work in a matter of minutes. God help me. I'm losing it.

Enjoy your weekend everyone!

4 comments:

  1. Oh, no! I am SO sorry about your husband's injury. It just doesn't seem fair, does it? You sure have the right attitude, though, and how great that you're dreaming of what you really want to do! I kicked off my savings plan, Eboo-style, today so I've been sending good vibes your way. Sure hope that contract comes through for you!

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with the big contract. You will do fine with it. Hopefully your Hubby will be better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck with everything on your plate this week. It's a lot. Hang in there and keep us posted on what happens. Hugs!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're not losing it - it's how we cope! When I am having a crappy day my mind turns to PEI and all the plans and dreams I have for that property. It's a place I escape to in my mind.
    It's good you have a Plan B - no matter how good things are we need a Plan B. Sometimes we are forced by adversity to turn to our dream goal through job loss. May be that will happen for you. Or hopefully all will work out well with the contract and you'll be busier than ever.

    ReplyDelete