Wednesday, April 13, 2011

I am going to lose 2 pounds

Yep, that's all I'm aiming for this month. A measly 2 pounds.
I weighed myself for the first time in ages, and I am proud to say that I weigh a mere 181 pounds right now. I cannot think of the last time that I weighed under 180, except for when I was pregnant, and my weight was sure to climb back up.
My weight may have been in the 170 range when I was in my early 20's. That's over a decade ago.

Ideally, I would like to be in the 150 - 160 pound range, but I'm starting small. With just 2 pounds to get me under the 180 mark.

Why, you might ask? Why would you want to lose that weight?

Because:
~ My clothing will fit better, and I will not have to purchase more clothing that I do not like
~ Me weighing less will reduce the pressure on my joints which already have arthritis
~ I will feel better about myself
~ I may stop struggling to breathe when taking the stairs
~ I may reduce the strain on my already overworked heart and lungs
~ It could potentially increase the circulation to all areas of my body
~ I dislike being overweight

I do not want to set myself up for failure by saying "I will lose 30 pounds by December 31, 2011."

Instead, I will aim for moving by body enough that I will actually start to sweat. I will make myself dance, stretch, jiggle, boogie, whatever, for 15 minutes today.

I've done that for 2 days in a row now. Just move my body for 15 minutes.

No rigorous exercise routines that I will detest. Just put on some music and dance.
I only want to lose two pounds.

When I attain that goal, then I will think about another 2 pounds.

Maybe.


6 comments:

  1. I like the idea of setting a 2-pound goal. I need to lose 30 myself, easily, but that sounds as far-off as my debt-free day. I might join you on this. I think I could do 2 pounds, though they sure don't come off as easily as they did in my younger days. This is a great goal - you can do it!

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can do this! Can't wait to hear when you achieve your goal.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Setting a goal of 2 pounds is a great way to start.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not to crush any dreams here but 2lbs can be lost in one workout in water weight (most people's weight will fluctuate 0 to as much as 4lbs in a single day)..

    I'm just worried you'll lose it and then eat a big meal/drink lots of water the next day and think you gained it back!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great strategy! Small goals, one step (or wiggle) at a time:) My focus is on eating healthy and getting exercise - I'm going to TRY to stop worrying about the numbers.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good for you Eboo. I think you are on to something!

    ReplyDelete