Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Finally, some work!

After a mere 49 days without a source of income other than our Emergency Essential Expenses fund, I finally got a call for work.

Please understand, I am not unemployed. I am self-employed. I have done lots of work in the last 49 days. I just wasn't receiving any income for it. To get a call call for a contract, however small, is good. It seems to me, that in this business, when you are busy, you tend to get more and more work handed to you. I have been doing some ground work for the two new contracts that have come my way in the last 49 days. These contracts are long-term, and will enable me to bring in an undefined amount of income. I'm guessing that the value of these two contracts alone will bring in $40,000- $50,000 per year gross. When added to the existing long-term contract I already hold, I may be looking at anywhere from $50,000 - $95,000 in business income for 2011.

I'll have a story for you tomorrow about the horrors of dealing with Bell Canada and their Credit Collection Agency of choice, NCO Financial. For now, I'll just say, that they will try to hold someone else liable for an account not in their name.

Taking DS to playgroup today, then home for time with DD1, and a lovely evening planned for time with all 3 of my kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment