Friday, September 10, 2010

Are you prepared for the holidays?

There are only 106 shopping days left until Christmas. Can you believe it? This year has flown by much faster than I could have ever imagined. I'm still trying to get my Xmas fund account up to where I would like it to be. So far, I've only saved $450 of the $1100 goal, but that is $450 more than I've saved up in advance in any of my previous years. I'm hoping to be able to add some money from contract jobs over the next couple of months, however I will work with whatever I've got. This will be our first Xmas without any sort of credit or loan whatsoever, and I'm very proud of that fact!

I start thinking about the holidays sometime in June, shortly after my MIL's birthday. This year, I had a conversation with DD1 about not 'buying' anything for B & I, instead I would prefer something that involves her spending time with us. Her holiday budget is going to extremely tight this year, with the baby coming and all.

Oh, I forgot to mention that I'm going to be a grandma for the first time. DD1 is expecting, and the baby's due date is December 26th, which also happens to be B's birthday. The gift of making me a grandparent is greater than any thrift store find she could ever come up with, so I've told her there is no need to 'give' me anything this year.

There are gifts that I planned to make last year, and ran out of time to make them, so they got bumped to this year's gift list. Here we are into September, and I still haven't started any of those projects. Good grief, I really should get started on them.

What are your thoughts about the upcoming holidays? Have you saved money for the extra expenses? Have you planned gifts to buy and make? Share your ideas with me, please.

No comments:

Post a Comment