Tuesday, August 31, 2010

September 2010, Monthly Challenge

I have a list of things that I would like to accomplish, goals, and things to work on. Every month I will be working on several of them at a time, but I will pick one to be my main focus for that month. Any extra money, time and effort I can pour into a project will be put on that month's challenge.

For September I have picked :

Goal #1. Have $800 in e-fund account. DONE (3 year goal is $12,000).

This should be a fairly easy one to accomplish. We already have $600 saved in this account, so finding an additional $200 this month shouldn't be too hard.

If you are a follower of Dave Ramsey, you'll know that Baby Step 1 that he advocates is to have $1000 in an Emergency Fund to get you started. If I can manage to drop an additional $200 into this account in September, then our E-Fund will be at the $1000 mark, surpassing our year end goal.

How can we achieve this:

I have $100 automatically going into this account on the 1st of the month.(100/400)DONE
I can cut back the payment to 0% interest CC by $50. (150/400)DONE
I can try to cut back on monthly expenses like groceries, gas, etc.
I can save up my $5.00 bills.
I can save and roll any pocket change this month.DONE
If I get any contract work this month, I can put 25% of the pay into this account.DONE

Once I have the $1000 threshold for the E-fund, I can redirect the monthly amount toward other savings and debt until year end, giving those a boost.

Do you have any other suggestions of ways to make up this $250 this month?

No comments:

Post a Comment